Thursday 16 May 2013

diy: rose rings


Today I'm bringing you yet another ridiculously simple jewelry diy!  I'm just a huge fan of gluing things together, and being done with it.  Not everything has to be fussy!

{In case you missed them....here are the diys for my rose earrings and dahlia earrings!}


I found my filigree rings with a flat round setting (perfect for gluing things to) on etsy, and I picked up these sweet 15mm rose cabachons from the plaid barn.  In case you're wondering, these roses are quite a bit bigger than the ones I used for my earrings, which were only 10mm in diameter!

Materials:
-rings with a flat round setting
-15mm rose cabachon (although this can vary depending on the size of your ring setting!)
-E-6000 glue
-q-tip (for clean-up!)

Directions:
1)  First, make sure that you have all your materials lined up and ready to go.  The glue starts setting fairly quickly, so you don't want to dawdle too much once it's on your rose!
2)  Squeeze your glue very gently until a tiny amount starts coming out, and spread a bit on a rose.  Press firmly onto your ring setting, twisting a bit to ensure your glue gets everywhere.  You don't need very much, but a tiny bit should come out as you press down.  Use the q-tip to clean it up!
3)  Let the rings set for at least 24 hours before wearing!




 I love how delicate and vintagey these rings are!  So easy to make, and are such unique gifts.  I've seen similar ones at craft fairs, but I love making my own jewelry...especially when I can save money!


p.s.   kelsey

4 comments:

  1. I find that your ideas of do-it-yourself are really Great!
    I do not very well speak English because my language is French,
    See you soon on my blog or on your blog

    Patatipatatarte.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so wonderful, photos are great also:)

    i made a diy sunglasses with flowers too. if you would like to see, here it is :

    http://muguettt.blogspot.com/2013/05/diy-dolce-inspired-floral-sunglasses.html

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. extremely pretty :) i love it..
    pls visit my blog http://oopsitsvidya.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want at least a million of these!! Gimme! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...